The Bath Bomb Compartment!

Hello Nerdfighters!

Today, I am going to share my first attempt at putting the dubious advice of John and Hank Green into action. As you may recall, in a recent episode of Dear Hank and John (Episode 123: The Incredible Glamorous Hulk), someone named Jacqui wrote in with an incredible question that went something like this...

"I was gifted some bath bombs for Christmas but I don't have a bath tub, and neither do my friends. What do I do?"

Now, I had never pondered this question before and it seemed like John and Hank hadn't yet either. What does one do with a bath bomb and no bathtub? I thought there was no true solution. HOWEVER... Hank quickly discovered the best possible answer to this question and came up with what I believe is an absolutely incredible idea: The Bath Bombardment Compartment; a way to create the bath bomb experience for shower lovers across the world. During the ensuing conversation, much to John's dismay, Hank sent out a call. A call to engineers across the world. A call for someone to create this glorious invention. Well, Hank, I am here to answer your call.

I have created my own DIY version of The Bath Bombardment. Here is my journey:
_________________________________________________________________________________

To complete this task, I wanted to get materials that were easily available, cost effective, waterproof, and reusable. To do this, I set out for the store with a mission. A mission to create the best Bath Bombardment Compartment the world had ever seen. Here's what I bought:

    bath bomb shower compartment materials
  • Two Bath Bombs 
    • An Earth Bomb and a Galaxy Bomb... that way I've got both land and space covered
  • A Small Reusable Plastic Container
  • Rubber Bands
To complete my design I also used the following items I already had at home:
  • Plastic Hangers
  • A knife
  • Scissors
  • Paperclips



At this point, I really had no plan as to what my final design would look like. All I knew is that I wanted to make some sort of contraption to hang over the shower head. Here's what the final product looked like.... Rustic. Yet effective.
galaxy bath bomb shower compartment

I know this may look like a mess, but let me break down each component step-by-step.

Step One: Create the Compartment

To create the compartment, I simply used a knife to puncture little holes all across the bottom and the sides of the plastic container. (If you try this, be careful here, I had more than a few close calls). This was to allow water to flow through the compartment after coming into contact with the bath bomb.
bath bomb shower compartment

Step Two: Construct the Support

The support system here is easy. All I did was place one rubber band around the outside of the cup. I then tied additional rubber bands to the first one on all four sides. Finally, I attached everything to a paperclip to provide a central hanging point.
bath bomb shower compartment

Step Three: Create the Hanging Mechanism

To hang the compartment, I tied a few rubber bands onto the central paperclip and around the hanger. Then I simply placed the hanger over the shower head.


Now here's the real question you may be asking: Does it work? Did you turn into the Incredible Glamorous Hulk?

Well, here's the answer: YES. It totally worked. But no, I did not turn into the Incredible Glamorous Hulk.

I have never actually ever used a bath bomb for its intended purpose, but now I don't have to! The Bath Bombardment Compartment was placed perfectly in the water stream, and the holes were large enough so the water didn't completely overflow. Each bath bomb lasted a few minutes, just enough to provide a little aromatherapy and a fun color show at the beginning of the shower. (Oh, and totally ignore the black water all over the shower wall in the first photo... that was my fault.)

earth galaxy bath bomb

Another huge benefit of this design was that it was collapsible. When the bath bomb was finished, I just turned the hanger around to the back of the shower hear and it was totally out of the way.

And, as an unexpected bonus, I got cute little surprise toys in the middle of each bath bomb!
bath bomb prizes

To be completely honest, I fully expected this to be an utter disaster. While I was completing the design, I envisioned writing about what a massive fail this experiment was. But I was mistaken!

I think it's safe to say: Hank is totally on to something! The Bath Bombardment Compartment is a brilliant idea and someone should absolutely pick this up.

What do you all think? Should the Bath Bombardment Compartment be a real thing? Are you going to try it for yourself? Also, let me know if you have any more dubious advice from Dear Hank and John that you want me to try!

DFTBA,

Liana 

Comments

  1. This is so cool, dftba

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on being featured!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was absolutely freaking out when I heard it! I'm thrilled :)

      Delete
  3. All of your posts are FABULOUS! This is my all-time favorite blog!

    Might I suggest a slight tweak in the spelling of the name to the Bath Bombardment? It still sounds like bath bomb compartment but warns potential users that they may find the dubious contraption falling on their heads ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet, thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it :)
      And I like your suggestion... I'll definitely consider it! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  4. Nice, one suggestion - an ice pick instead of a knife. much safer. and a block of wood or several pieces of thick cardboard to put on the other side of the plastic when you are piercing holes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great suggestion! Unfortunately I was working with limited supplies, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.

      Delete
  5. This is amazing but aren't there already those things called shower steamers? That don't really bubble up but release oils or something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you're right! But they do serve a different purpose. This was specifically created in response to someone who already had some bath bombs, but no bathtub to use them in. :)

      Delete
  6. What? Surprise toys? Which bath bombs do you use? (PS. Amazing blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they're called "Da Bomb Bath Fizzers". I got them from Target!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Keep up the amazing work!

      Delete
  7. Hey, this is super amazing!! Now I really want to try it out myself! Also congrats on getting mentioned on the pod!! That's what brought me here! :) dftba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad so many of you decided to come check it out after being mentioned on the pod. It's been an amazing few days getting to interact with so many new people!

      Delete
  8. Hi Liana! I'm a freshman in college, and I have some 3d printing filament I've been meaning to use. I think this could be a really cool 3d-printing project- if I design and make it, could you feature my efforts on this blog? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound like a really fun take on it! I think it could be cool to incorporate some other community members' take on the dubious advice in the future, so potentially, yeah!

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh, thank you for writing this. I totally need to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it! I had a great time :) and I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  10. Hi! I'm a bit late here, but I'm the Jacqui with bath bombs and no bathtub. This is so awesome that you actually built this! I do have a question though- did the shower feel like a bath bomb experience, or just some sparkly green water being dumped on your head? Or something in between? DFTBA! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqui! Welcome! I actually positioned it so the bath bomb wasn't over my head just to avoid potentially getting it in my eyes, but I did find it really enjoyable! It definitely wasn't 100% like a bath bomb experience, but the water changed color for a few minutes, and it was a treat to have a nice scent in the shower as well. That being said, after the few minutes, it all washes away like it never happened, which could be good or bad depending on your preference. I hope this answered your question! DFTBA! :)

      Delete
  11. Your Post is very useful, I am truly to this blog which is specially design about the freebies It helped me with ocean of awareness so I really appreciate your blog.
    freebies

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great improvised bath bomb...looks good as well...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is an insane idea. To be honest a lot of people out here in California don't have bath tubs or actually hate taking baths so allowing them to experience bath bombs in such an innovative way is great. Bath bombs are mostly about the scent anyway. What would be pretty cool is to make a standardized product that hangs from ceilings, sort of like those hanging gardens in those glass bowls, where people can throw on a bath bomb in their living room if they wanted and perhaps a light can shine through it etc. I'd be open to collaborating on that product with you. Great work guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You blog post is just completely quality and informative. Many new facts and information which I have not heard about before. Keep sharing more blog posts. How To Make DIY Bath Bombs

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it was quit lovely .
    thnkx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. its quite helping no dout its was very help full thanks from entire squad

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enormously solid article! It have a subtleties of Decorative Cosmetic Boxes Wholesale with printed your Logo. At last a days bundling is required for everything considering the way where that its impact goes at a structure. In addition, without drawing in bundling structure doesn't occur. So I Know One of the Company which done it with in a word time. Their family have an enormous encounter of printing bundling with Logo. I Custom Boxes is the markdown provider of printed Packaging with various shapes, sizes, and covering.

    https://www.paperbirdpackaging.com/product-industry/custom-cosmetic-packaging

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing product thanks for sharing with us It is very informative. If you need any type of boxes you can visit the link.
    retail box manufacturer
    Pencil Boxes for sale

    ReplyDelete
  26. This first one, the Stiga Snow Electric 31 best 2 stage snow blower, is perfect for use around the house and drive.Best Single Stage Snow Blower

    ReplyDelete
  27. Listening to the pod #127 had to see your photos. Thank you for doing this, taking photos and posting. You didn’t forget to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Custom Boxes World is offering Bath bomb packaging in UK.Bath bomb packaging is designed to enhance the visual appeal and protection of these luxurious self-care products.We can help you to create the bath boxes to show your protection and perfection.We can also support drop shipping and fastest turnaround time all over the UK.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts!

What is a Mermaid's Diet?

80 Percenting: Putting it To The Test!